Membership in Credit Union Plus makes you a part owner of our lending cooperative and allows you to take advantage of the services we offer. Our efforts are to help you improve your financial condition while providing products and services that will improve your quality of life by adding convenience, removing stress and helping you realize your goals at every age in your life. Full use of our products rewards you as well with up to 1.0% off our consumer loan rates.
Membership in Credit Union Plus is open to the following groups:
- Employees of Bay Medical Center, Inc., its affiliated enterprises, subsidiaries, and related professional associations.
- Employees or members of employer groups or other organized groups which are located within 25 miles of the credit union’s main office, which office location is authorized as: 415 Washington Avenue, Bay City, Michigan
- Individuals who reside or work in the townships of Birch Run or Taymouth, Saginaw County, Michigan, including the village of Birch Run.
- Members of record of the Defoe Employees Credit Union on the date of its merger.
- Members of record of Industrial Business Credit Union on the date of its merger.
- Any person who receives a retirement annuity, pension, social security, or similar retirement payment from private or government sources, and lives in, or belongs to a retirement organization located in the county, or in a county contiguous to the county where the credit union’s main office is located.
- Employees of this credit union.
- Members and immediate families of the foregoing. “Immediate Family” means: relatives of the member, by blood or marriage; or any individual living under the same roof and in the same household as the member.
- Any legal entity that is comprised for the most part of the same general group as the membership of the credit union as outlined above.
- A spouse of a deceased member is accepted into membership prior to remarriage.
To become a member and part owner you need to meet one of the qualifications above and open a share account at any of our offices with a $10.00 deposit. You will need to bring with you an unexpired government issued identity card that contains a photograph and must have your current address, an additional credit card or membership card or utility bill showing your name and address and if you wish to add a beneficiary to the account you will need identifying information for all beneficiaries to be listed. Should you plan on opening a joint account, the joint member(s) will also need to be present and provide the information as listed above.
If you and several other employees where you work would like to join, encourage your employer to request consideration for membership. If you are already an employee group that enjoys the benefits of membership, we can provide mini minutes at your place of work to promote healthy financial habits. Topics such as improving your credit score, ID theft prevention, or car buying basics can be completed during a lunch hour or employee meeting. Just contact our marketing department at 989-684-4200 to schedule it today.
A member no longer in the field of membership of this credit union is permitted to retain membership and enjoy the benefits of ownership.
Please Note: The information provided is subject to compliance with Credit Union Plus Bylaws at the time of application.